What are the characteristics and identification methods of low smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire?We know nothing about low-smoke halogen-free and flame retardant wire. Many people only know about electric wire, but few know about some wires for different USES. Therefore, if we want to know about low-smoke halogen-free and flame retardant wire, we should first understand the characteristics and identification methods of low-smoke halogen-free and flame retardant wire.The specific answers are as follows:
What are the characteristics of low smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire?
Each type of wire is used differently because it has features that no other wire has, so let's take a look at the features of a low-smoke, halogen-free, flame retardant wire before choosing one.
1. Features of low-smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire -- Its tensile strength is greater than that of general PVC wire: the tensile strength of general PVC wire is greater than 1.05Kgf/mm2, while that of low-smoke halogen-free wire is greater than 1.2Kgf/mm;
2. Characteristics of low-smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire -- with good weather resistance (-30℃~105℃);Good softness (hardness 80-90);
3. Characteristics of low-smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire -- non-displacement (because plasticizer is not added in the formula of this product, it will not have displacement);No toxic black smoke (a small amount of white smoke) is produced when burned;Have high volume resistivity: PVC wire is commonly Ω / 1012 ~ 1015 cm after, low smoke zero halogen wire is greater than 1016 Ω / cm after;(7) It has good high voltage resistance: PVC wire is generally resistant to more than 10KV, while low-smoke halogen-free wire is up to more than 15KV;(8) Good elasticity and viscosity.
What is the identification method of low smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire?
1. Product name identification method for low smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire.Electric wire -- low smoke halogen-free flame retardant polyethylene insulated electric wire and cable;Cable - low smoke halogen-free flame retardant polyethylene insulated low smoke halogen-free flame retardant polyethylene sheathed power cable.Imitations usually have slightly different names, such as polyethylene insulated, low smoke, halogen-free, flame retardant power cables, etc.
2. Skin burning method for identification of low smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire.Ironing the insulation layer with an electric iron should show no obvious dents. Large dents indicate that the material or process used for the insulation is defective.Or with a lighter barbecue, under normal circumstances should be not easy to ignite, after a long time of burning cable insulation layer is still relatively intact, there is no smoke and irritating smell, at the same time the diameter increased.If it is easily ignited, it can be ascertained that the insulation layer of the cable is not made of a low smoke halogen-free material (most likely polyethylene or crosslinked polyethylene).If there is a large amount of smoke, the insulating layer is made of halogenated material.If the insulation surface falls off seriously and the diameter does not increase significantly after a long period of combustion, it indicates that no suitable irradiation crosslinking process has been carried out.
3, low smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire identification method of hot water immersion method.Put the core wire or cable in 90 ℃ hot water immersion, insulation resistance will not normally fell sharply and keep above 0.1 M Ω / Km.Ω such as insulation resistance fell sharply even less than 0.009 M/Km, then without proper irradiation crosslinking process.(Polyethylene or cross-linked polyethylene insulation materials shall not be identified by this method and may be identified by the method mentioned in Article 2 above).
4. Density comparison method for identification of low smoke halogen-free flame retardant wire.The density of low-smoke halogen-free material is higher than that of water, so a little insulation layer can be removed and put into water. If it floats above the water surface, it is certainly not low-smoke halogen-free material.